SteveB

"Liz" wrote in message
We have stripped the wall paper off of our LR, DR and hallway walls, and
the painter is coming on Monday to start painting. This weekend we will
be washing the walls to remove any remaining glue. We've been given
advice about how to go about this: vinegar and warm water, warm water and
dish detergent, warm water and fabric softener. We're confused...can
anyone steer us in the right direction?

TIA!

Liz

If you have "stripped" the walls, I would prime them. Stripping exposes
different substrates. Some areas will be more porous than others. If you
don't prime it, the absorption will be different, and the new paint will not
have an even appearance. That's just what I would do. Please keep us
posted as to just what you do and how it comes out.

Steve