G.E.R.R.Y.

In article tJMTd.55970$uc.5531@trnddc04, Tom
wrote:

On a side bar...the government recently shut down a very large collection
agency here in Rockford, Il. They had been buying old debts for pennies on
the dollar and then using very heavy handed methods to collect on those
debts. It didn't matter whether the debts were for real or not, they
threatened all sorts of bad things if the debtor didn't come up with some
money.

I guess nowhere is exempt from this sh*t.

I just received a letter from such an agency up here in Canada. They
said I still owed Canadian Tire $600+ but with interest was $2400+,
however, if I were to pay $700+ *immediately*, they would cancel the
debt. This was a debt supposedly owed *from* *1993*. I asked them to
send me copies of the ITEMIZED debts. They said it would cost too much
to produce copies. I told them I'd see them in court where I would of
course subpoena those "frightfully expensive" copies.

Gerry laughingly waiting for the next contact