Jim Backus

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:43:57 UTC, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

Why do you think I'm not? I live on the Herts / Essex borders. I had
an exchange with a German recently who also thought I was American -
both on usenet so I'm wondering if something is set up incorrectly.

You're "set up" utilises character set 'us-ascii'. This may, or may not,
be incorrect. Your choice.

Thanks - I'll look into that. I use an Australian keyboard which does
not have a Pound symbol - that may be the reason.

--
Jim Backus OS/2 user since 1994
bona fide replies to j dot backus the circle thingy jita dot