Andy Hall

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:30:50 +0000, Pete C
wrote:

On 24 Feb 2005 02:25:49 -0800, "Magician"
wrote:

Andy

To my mind the power tool market has split into three groups; top brand
manufacturers - Bosch, Metabo, Makita, Hitachi etc, cheap & cheerfull;
Power Devil, JCB, Performance Power, Nu Tool etc. But the third group
is those stand alone or own label tools like B&Q Performance Pro,
Ryobi, Kress (Wickes), Excel (Homebase) etc.

These are often very good quality and carry a three year warranty,
making the spares issue redundant. We live in a replacement society
because, as you say, time is expensive.

Hi,

Skil are quite good, they are EU made and come with a 2yr warranty and
spares availability.

cheers,
Pete.

I agree. Quite liked by contractors. Generally not super
sophisticated, but good and solid.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl