Mark

Andy Hall am typed:

snip
I haven't said that my purchase criteria are appropriate for
everybody

Great we are at getting somewhere, there are people on here that use tools
for a living or are into serious house renovation, clearly for them a £40
jcb is a joke tool which probably would not last the day/week out.
There are others that for whatever reason buy a battery drill to hang some
shelves and then leave the drill flat and in the garage for 18 months and
are disappointed that the batteries are now dead, ( my son-in-law a DeWALT)
for them the JCB thing could be appropriate,. And various other in-between
people were the quality of the tool should be matched to its use, and the
size of their pocket.
What I really disagree with is your inference that
You cant drill a round hole in the correct place or
Can't cut a straight mitre line twice
Using anything other then professional/industrial quality tools, and anyone
that does, must produce a lower quality job then you.
But then go on to suggest that you can drill holes in masonry with a
non-hammer battery drill ;-(

HTH :-)

--
Mark§