News

If you were responsible for this, they should have paperwork that is signed
by you authorizing same -- do they?

I figure, no contract, no responsibility on your part.

"meadowlark" wrote in message
oups.com...
in 2000 I bought a washer, and put it on a Sears card. Becasue of the
VERY HIGH price I turned down the extened warranty (300.00). I had the
balance paid off and 'closed the account, cancelled the card, cut it
up' the interest rate if very high, in about 2 months in which time I
moved. 3 years later I get a bill from SEARS 600.00 for an extened
warranty, that I never asked for, on a credit card that had been
cancelled. I never authorized this. I called customer service and
they told me that they had to check and see if their had been any other
activity on the account, their hadn't....and so I waited. I get
another call from collections....they had to check and see if there was
any activity on the account, but since they were only collections I had
to call customer service, so I called customer service, they said they
had to see if there was any activity on the account...and so I waited.
I finally get a supervisor who backs off the money for the warranty,
but she won't back off the late fees. This makes no sense to me...but
I wait. April, 2004 my lovely wife, not knowing that I had been
fighting with the morans for over a year now, gets a call from
collections and pays them 40.00. In the mean time I'm still fighting
with them, February 2005 they tell me that the payment in 4/2004 proves
that the charges on the accout were MINE and that all monies owed, late
fees etc...are MY RESPONSIBILITY. These people are crooked theives.
I'm be forced to pay for something I never authorized in the first
place, isn't that fraud? I hope the suckers fold. If they're making
their money by screwing honest people, they shouldn't be here.