John/Charleston

Default oil tank(with oil) in the back yard...

I have a 1959 house that I'm fixing up and there seems to be an oil
tank buried in the back yard. The house no longer has an oil furnace,
but I poked a stick down the fill tube in the yard and it was coated
with 12" or so of oil when I brought it back up. I have no idea of
the capacity or shape of the tank so I don't know if this represents
20 or 200 gals of oil! What can I do with this? Do I need to call
a toxic waste disposal co and pay big$$$ or should I apply for a
federal grant as a superfund site?
Located in Charleston, SC

Thanks,
John