John Stumbles

Christian McArdle wrote:
To enable me to have music while I diy (so this is slightly relevant to
this group!) I'd like to have a portable radio/CD player - ie one with
built-in speakers, not a personal hifi Ipod-type thingy - that will play
MP3 files recorded on to CD-Rs; however I can't find one anywhere. Does
such a beast exist?

No problem finding them at all.

No idea if this link will work (may be connection based)

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E26756E8A
http://makeashorterlink.com/?J27711E8A

(they link to
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...clickfrom=name

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...clickfrom=name

If the links don't work, they're argos cat number 512/9498 and 512/9436. I'm
sure they'll have more.

They didn't have anything under 50 quid before Christmas, though. If they
did, I'd have bought one already!

They were flogging them (or another Hitachi MP3 box) quite cheaply a
month or so back, but had sold out by the time I tried our local stores
or their web site. alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains (what muppet
thought up the punctuation of that name? :-) is a good place to ask -
the question has come up there from time to time already.