Dee wrote:
Bill Woods wrote:
[This is off-topic for some people.]

For half-price at =A340 Woolworths is currently selling a TV

security
camera with night-time infra red illumination via six LEDs.

Are they still selling it?

Caught some guy trying to break into my car last night whilst on our
driveway .. what I'd ideally want is a camera in our downstairs

sitting
room window looking out on to the cars and for it to send a radio

signal
up to my DVD recorder in my bedroom so if anything did happen it's

all
on disc.

Trouble is for it to be any use it needs to show a very clear picture
of the man's face, and he'sgoing to be some distance away. You'd need a
decent hi res cam for that. Although a carp cam can get a pic of
someone doing something, using it to ID is another matter. People often
dopnt realise it, but a whole lotta people look almost the same.

OTOH the cam discreetly visible plus a sign saying youve got one is a
great deterrent.

NT