Tony Bryer

In article , Andy Hall
wrote:
The best buy JCB at £40? This is a joke.

They also say of the £199 Bosch: "I'm afraid this is a case of BMW
syndrome. Not only does this tool out perform most others in the
group in torque output, it does it more smoothly and quietly. And
the ergonomics are spot on too. It fits your hand like a glove, and
the controls seem to find their way to the end of your fingers, as
if by magic. two gears, 15 torque settings, 13mm chuck, hammer mode,
two batteries and a fast charger ensure this is up to serious use."

So they're making exactly the same point to their readers that has
been made on this group many a time, that real excellence is
available but at a price. For some (I agree not all) people a £40
drill will be all they need. If I had owned a cordless drill in my
car mechanics days it would have spent its time drilling holes for
pop rivets and self-tapping screws, scarcely very taxing.