GFRfan

xrongor wrote:
people in this group are very confronational. there is a simple solution.

go talk to the neighbor. show him where the line is as you see it. show
him where you are going to build the fence. then get him to sign something
that says he agrees to have the fence there.

worry about problems if they actually arise.

randy

"James Madison III" wrote in message

I'm about to extend my backyard wood privacy fence. The fence now stops
at
the back of the house. I want to extend it 20 feet going towards the
street.

Since there is no old fence on the 20 feet of yard I'll be working on, I
need to make sure where the property line is. I have the diagram from the
1993 survey which says there are iron rods in place.

Do you think I'm safe to just find the rod myself and pull a string tight
between it and the last post on the old fence?

Or should I pay for a survey? I've heard that you can get a survey a
little
cheaper by calling the original survey company and just have them do an
update.

Because some people have neighbors (like me) who are jackasses.