Sue

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I worked on a fridge about six time, top freezer. Kept puddling and
freezing. I tweaked the little alum drain pan severl times. Musta got it,
finally.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Hell Toupee" wrote in message
I hope you don't have any more trouble with it, but...several years ago
Amana had a known problem with their top freezer refrigerators whose
drain plugs choked with ice in the freezer compartment.

yeah I know. as soon as I googled Amana and drain tube it was apparent.
It worked fine for over a year though, so maybe it's an aberation
(crosses fingers).

I got rid of my Amana fridge because of this and will never buy the
brand again, because that problem was due to sloppy design, and their
'fix' was worthless.

we bought based on the consumer reports review, of course it wouldn't
have occured to us that this might have been a problem. oh well. just
have to see.