brugnospamsia

"Bill Woods" wrote in message
[This is off-topic for some people.]

For half-price at £40 Woolworths is currently selling a TV security
camera with night-time infra red illumination via six LEDs.

This camera transmits over a distance of 12m (25m max) to a black &
white monitor which is also supplied for the price.

The units work at about 9v and two power supplies are provided.
Phone-type sockets on the monitor theoretically permit video and
sound recording.

Has anyone tried this unit?

What is the picture quality like?

There is a mic on the camera but can you monitor user speak to the
person at the camera?

Are there any other alternatives out there which might be competitive
with this unit? Although it is aimed at a slightly different market,
I think I would prefer a camera trasmitter which shows the image on
my TV (via a reciever box). But can I get one for only £40?

Are these systems guaranteed not to interact ?

Doorbells yes, networks, maybe, video cameras, no.

Perhaps they're cheap because of such problems.

If you can run a wire, do so - every house should have ducts with
pull-through cords.

And one can only wonder at the image quality of such a low-priced camera.

Jeremy