Cuprager

snippings
Chrysotile Asbestos is a hazard - it has the potential to cause harm.
However occasional exposure carries an extremely low risk.

All points taken, but *I* would neither recommend breaking asb board
apart to have a look for the fibers or do it myself... i dont see the
point in putting yourself at that kind of risk. I certainly wouldnt
advise anyone in a newsgroup who obviously knows very little about the
asb subject to do it...

Most local authorities will have a testing team that can do it for you
professionally for a small cost. My local authority charges £25 to
sample... not a lot of money considering the potential hazard.

Feel free to have the last word now )