tony sayer

Presumably you have never had a Miele product. I have had Hoover in
the past and I now have only Miele white goods. There is an
enormous difference in build quality and reliability.

Same here, superb equipment the missus is very pleased with hers

The days when any
European manufacturer produced a well engineered product IMO are long
gone, what you are left with is a marketing operation geared to minimum
production cost and maximum profitability. With a product production
life of 18 months, if you are lucky, and the necessity to resource all
your components every 2 years, because the supplier has disappeared,
service is a pipedream. Which manufacturer is going to shelf parts for
10 years supply? None!!

Don't suppose it's a good idea either to keep chucking the 3 PPro B&Q
drills I've bought then into the landfill. The Bosch ones are still
around after many years service...

--
Tony Sayer