Jim Alexander

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:02:36 +0000, Capitol
In order to achieve all of these points, I want to use good quality
tools and materials that are going to be pleasurable to use all day if
needed, and that will produce a good quality result when used
properly. I don't want to waste time having to go and wait in
queues at DIY stores

well don't go on Wednesdays....

Exactly. That means looking at *all* of the issues and not just the
price. That is the point of buying intelligently and not just on
price and scam warranties.

They are not scam warranties. They are fairly unambigous refund within 28
days and replace within 3 years offers, all achieved after a short queue if
you choose your time right, always assuming you can find the receipt which
is the key. Just try getting the Miele you purchased from an electrical
retailer repaired FOC after 1 year. Product law is too ambiguous to
guarantee that is a trivial excercise. As you are well aware it's the
retailer that implements the Sale of Goods requirements. Its probably
necessary at least to threaten and probably invoke consumer law, in itself a
time consuming process. Its not just you that thinks time is important.
I'm prepared to recognise there may me some quality in the Miele, but in
most electrical retailers? Pull the other one.

Jim A