Mark D. Zacharias

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message
news:GXtTd.496759$6l.17702@pd7tw2no...

Malam wrote:
I have a Sony PS-X6 Record Player ( A turntable - yes, I am old!).
The turntable has a strobe light to show if the speed is in sync. The
table is turning out of sync. Its like the speed is varying both at
45 and at 33 rpm speeds. Please any help on this problem will be
appreciated. I don't have a Sony shop close by, but I am a bit handy
with electronics and I hope with some help I can fix this.

Thanks.

Hi...

Don't feel bad; had a 16 year old visit last summer. Looked
at my turntable and asked if that was what they used to
call a record player in the old days

Seriously doubt that you have an electronic problem at
all. Bet if you'll just lift the turntable off (sometimes
a C clip in the center) you'll find that the idler is
wanting cleaning. Perhaps a bit of lubrication as well.

Take care.

Ken

Extremely doubtful this model even uses an idler wheel.

Mark Z.