Bob

donald girod wrote:
I have an Oregon Scientific wireless thermometer/hygrometer. It
basically quit working back in october, and what passes for tech
support at the company told me to take the batteries out for 24 hours
("hard reset"). I did this and it has worked for however many months
it is from October to now, but has quit again (no communication with
the remote unit).

Have other people had trouble with these products? Oregon Scientific
has several models but I think that they are all pretty much
identical at bottom, just a different selection of bells and
whistles. If you have had trouble, have you figured out a
resolution? the damned thing cost like $60, and it ****es me off
that it doesn't even last two years without problems. I'm trying the
"hard reset" trick again.

My mom has the Oregon Scientific atomic clock / moon phase / indoor and
outdoor temp model, and hers lost communication with the outdoor sensor last
winter. I tried doing a simple "swap the batteries" in the outdoor sensor,
but it still wouldn't work. Ended up following the instructions on doing a
full reset - I can't remember the exact sequence, but it was something like
power up the outdoor sensor first, then power up and set the indoor unit.
At least that did get communication going again with the outdoor sensor.

Bob.