Dick

I have had an Oregon Scientific weather BAR888A wireless weather
station, which includes an atomic clock, in/out temp, and barometric
pressure indicator. It has been in operation since Dec 2000. I did
have a problem initially finding the right spot for the outside
transmitter. Once that was solved it has worked flawlessly.

I also have an Oregon Scientific WMR-968 wireless station, which
includes a console and wireless senders for inside temp and humidity
and barometric pressure. It includes wireless senders outside for
outside temp and humidity, rainfall and wind speed and direction. I
also have remote sensors in the garage for temp/humidity and one in
the freezer in the garage to monitor its temperature. This system has
operated without problem since Dec 2001. The data from this station
is transmitted every 4-minutes to the Internet, and can be read
worldwide. I am also part of the SkyWarn group which depends upon
data from this station.

Although Oregon Scientific equipment is not considered to be the
Cadillac of weather systems (Davis is considered better) it is still
providing dependable weather data around the world. For the money it
is a good value. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired
(like a lot of companies today), but you can find plenty of support on
the Internet if you do some searching.

Dick

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:02:26 -0500, donald girod
wrote:

The thing I love about this newsgroup is that you can always depend on
respondents to assume you are an idiot. Why, if I were planning to
spend half an hour on hold in order to talk to someone at Oregon
Scientific, would I not first change the batteries, press the reset, and
do all the stuff it says in the book to do? Why would cold be an issue
if the failures occur in warm weather as well?

It has been useful, however--I did learn that a majority of respondents
have not had trouble, and two others have. Not a great statistical
study, but an indication that at least some of these units function as
intended.