Patriarch

TWS wrote in
:

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:35:35 -0600, Patriarch
wrote:

I found myself with a quiet hour to spend at the Leebrary last week,
and found a compilation of late -80's Fine Woodworking articles, in
book form. There was a really complete, illustrated article,
including measured drawerings, by Brian Boggs, on making a bent wood
rocker. That one passed the SWMBO test.

As soon as the bathroom is finished being painted, I'm going to start
on making the bending and lamination forms.

Everyone has to have 5 concurrent projects, right?

Patriarch

I couldn't find that article in the FWW archives. What was the book
title?

I did find an Oct. 1983 article by Sam Aloof entitled "How I make a
rocker" that may be of interest.

TWS

"Building a Bent-Back Rocker" Soft rock from hardwoods, Brian Boggs

from Fine Woodworking magazine, Sept 1989, 78:40-45

I found it in the compilation Traditional Furniture Projects, The Best
of Fine Woodworking, 1991, ISBN 0-942391-93-4

Typical Boggs attention to detail and respect for traditional form,
without slavish copying.

Patriarch