Colbyt

wrote in message
Because I talked to people, did research on website etc and came to
the conclusion that it's not only OK but could be potentially
beneficial to install tiles over lino. In fact, a contractor
neighbour of mine was installing tiles over lino in his house a few
months ago.

IMO, you talked to the wrong people. No where have I seen a recommendation
to place CT over vinyl using thinset. As a last resort where no other
option exists you might do it using mastic or an epoxy compound. Even then
you are doing the installation at your own risk.

Live with a mess for as long as you live there or rip it out and do it
right. If you are like most of us, the expense and effort to rip it out will
only hurt one time and will be forgotten within a couple of weeks. Living
with the mess you have created will be a continuing saga.

Best wishes,

Colbyt