Brian Sharrock

"Mike Hall" wrote in message
om...
Howard wrote in message

. uk...

Dyson here just stopped working, as in nothing at all when you
press the 'on' switch.

Is there a fuse inside the bugger? If so where and how do I get
to it?

I had this happen - thought I'd need a new motor, but google groups
reveals that there is a thermal cutout which disables the unit for ~60
minutes. Try turning the little bugger on again today and see if it
works now !

'The Dyson isn't working properly; it's not picking up!" was the
fault report - eventually it got towards the top of the to-do-list.
Cutting a long story short; the plastic moulding from the back
of the rotating brush housing into the suction hose leading to the
cyclonic container was clogged solid! An accumulation of long hairs
compacted with dust and carpet fluff was blocking the suction
path. [Access to the problem area was 'easy'. Undoing a series of
three quarter-turn coloured 'securers' gave complete access to the
moulding and revealed the foot length of gunge.]
A blocked suction path may contribute to an overheating
motor.

Resolved - next time I empty the container ; inspect the brush
housing for gunge build-up.

--

Brian