raden

In message , doozer
writes
bof wrote:
In message , raden writes

Scale remover (available all over the place) is the correct tool for
the job. Why anyone would want to **** about pouring diet coke around
a bath is beyond me.

Hmm, don't know how the % of active chemicals compares in the two
but:
Tesco value cola 9.5p/litre
Viakal (limescale remover) £5.36/litre
that's knocking on 60x as expensive vol for vol, maybe I'll give the
cola a go.

The acids are different in the two, hydrochloric in Viakal and
Phosphoric in cola. So it is comparing apples and oranges somewhat.
They have different "strengths" and therefore will differ in their
effectiveness at removing lime scale.

There are a number of reasons Viakal will probably be better than cola.

A word of caution when using HCl, (from experience) you can eat away the
surface of the enamel on an old bath with HCl (although I might have
been a bit enthusiastic with the concentration

--
geoff