Dave Gibson

Default Anyone fitted fluid master push button toilet conversion kit

"Alan Campbell" wrote in message
om...
The handles on our toilets keep working loose. Might be something to
do with the kids (2 & 4) yanking them up and down when they are trying
to flush the loo. I keep re-tightening the plastic nut, but a couple
of weeks later its loose again and the handle is flopping about.

I noticed a fluid master push button toilet conversion kit at Homebase
the other day and was wondering if they really are easy to fit. The
blurb on the box makes it look simple enough, but I was wondering if
anyone had done it and if they had any tips on possible problems.

TIA

Alan

I bought one of these a while back with a view to retrofitting all my
cisterns.

Problem - all my cisterns are ceramic, and the hole where the button goes
(the ex-handle hole) was smaller than the thread on the button - by about
3mm.

All three of my cisterns are the same - 2 Ideal and 1 Baltocks (? sp.).

Had to take mine back for a refund as I was not going to chance opening up
the holes in ceramic!

Worth checking before you buy.

Dave