Jerry.

Default Warm Air Heating

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
timegoesby wrote:
What professional experience do you have of warm air systems? If you
have none, which is pretty clear you have none, then why do you
continually make a fool of yourself?

Why would I need to have professional experience of them to have an
opinion? Plenty on here have had experience of them - ie living with them
- and hate them. IMM, as usual, comes out with the no expense spared way
of saying they can be perfect, but the fact remains that for the vast
majority of UK homes they are inferior to a conventional water based
system.

I, personaly, would re phrase that Dave to 'the fact remains that for the
vast majority of UK home pwners they more expencive to instal correctly than
conventional water based system.

snip

FWIW, I work in broadcasting, and providing a reasonably quiet forced air
heating and ventilation system for areas which are no larger than many
domestic rooms is one of the most difficult - and expensive parts of the
whole installation. Perhaps unnecessary noise in the home doesn't bother
you - but it certainly does others, including me.

So how do you cope with creeking pipes, and if you know of any TRV that
doesn't make a noise close to it's shut off setting please do tell....

As regards making a fool of myself, if you're clever enough to design a
quite forced air ventilation system that could be incorporated into the
average UK house without losing valuable living space, you'd make a
fortune. Otherwise, *you're* the one making a fool of yourself - along
with IMM.

Well it / is / possible, but it needs to be done at the time of house design
and not at the installation - I suspect that most domestic heating systems
are never designed as such, the plumber just installs what he knows to work
in the space left after the structure has been built IYSWIM (one of the
reasons why, I suspect, that under-floor heating was also slow to become
established here in the UK).