Kathy

wrote in message
ups.com...
This is a Kenmore Direct Drive Washer...

Worked fine until one morning I put a load in, turned it on, and it
started fine.

Later that morning, my wife went to put the load in the dryer and it
was still full of water. The cycle was done though.

After manually draining the tub, I tried to run it through another
cycle. It fills the tub and the knob goes through the whole cycle, but
nothing else happens... it doesn't even drain the water at the end of
the cycle. During the cycle, I do hear some humming coming from the
machine (as if the motor was trying to run maybe???).

Along with this, there is a distinct smell of burnt wires or something
burning.

I've opened up the machine and determined that it wasn't the coupler.

What could be the problem/next action to take?

Thanks,
Brian

How old is it?
It might not have a self-reversing lint filter in the pump out thing. They
make them now so they don't clog but the old ones weren't like that.
Fortunatly the older ones are also not a one piece molded sealed thing. You
should be able to open it up and pull out the clog. Just be aware that some
water is going to POUR OUT OF THE HOSE once you disconnect the pump. So just
krimp it off with some vise grips or something or else you will have that 15
gallons of water on the floor. You might want to just scoop the water out if
it's next to a sink. Those little basins they send you home from the
hospital with will fit nicely under the washer stuff to catch spills. Its
going to be a mess but I tink it's doable especially since you heard the hum
and it did not kick off. At least you said its direct drive so your belt
won't be stretched out from heating up. Good luck.