Doctor Evil

"Magician" wrote in message
oups.com...

Andy

To my mind the power tool market has split into three groups; top brand
manufacturers - Bosch, Metabo, Makita, Hitachi etc, cheap & cheerfull;
Power Devil, JCB, Performance Power, Nu Tool etc. But the third group
is those stand alone or own label tools like B&Q Performance Pro,
Ryobi, Kress (Wickes), Excel (Homebase) etc.

These are often very good quality and carry a three year warranty,
making the spares issue redundant. We live in a replacement society
because, as you say, time is expensive.

I would put Kress and the upper Ryobi's in the Makita bracket. Certainly
better than most DeWalts. BTW, Kress are repairable. I was talking to the
Wickes people who said if a Wickes pro (Kress) tool was defective it is sent
off for repair (downtime), while the DIY black range is just replaced
immediately with no downtime. Make you think which is the best approach.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download