Set Square

Default Boiler woes *HELP*

Steve Preston wrote:

I have a potterton boiler, less than three years old. It now needs
re-igniting almost daily. Its not a combi, apolgies I cant give you
the model, its a small "eco freindly" type that sits quietly in the
kitchen.

My dear friends at British Gas have been over three times. At first
they said it wasnt vented properly, so we put some more vents in. Now
they are saying it needs a seperate 22m pipe supply run to the boiler
from the meter. The theory is that when we are using the cooker, the
supply to the boiler drops so much that it re-sets. They are on the
same supply. Im not buying this theory and reckon there is something
wrong with it. We had three years of trouble free boilering and now
it needs resetting nearly every other day.

If anyone can shed some light / advice on this issue it would be
greatly apppreciated.

Help me Obi Wan, your my only hope.

Also if anyone knows a good boiler man in the Vauxhaul area, could
you drop me an email to "strikee" at h1o2t3m4a5il -- d-o-t com.

Thanks in advance.

Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by "needs resetting".

Are you saying that your boiler has a permanent pilot light - and that this
is going out, preventing the main burner from firing?

Or are you saying that the boiler has an over-heat thermostat - and that
this is tripping, requiring the re-set button to be pressed (or maybe the
main stat knob to be turned to off and back on again, depending on model)
before the boiler will ignite?

These are different symptoms - resulting from different root causes, so it's
important to understand exactly what's happening.

--
Cheers,
Set Square