Dan

On 23 Feb 2005 04:20:49 -0800, "Mikepier"
wrote:

I called Weil Mclain and they said warranty is 10 years only for parts,
labor is extra. So even if I was covered, I would still have to pay
someone to replace 1 section of boiler.
I am going to try the boiler liquid sealer and some kind of epoxy to
try and get me throught the heating season. Then I'll decide what to
do. This is a 360,000 BTU boiler for a 6 family Apt building, so it's
kind of hard to shut it down in the winter for repairs.

I recommend going to heatinghelp.com and asking at the wall. At this
point in the winter I'd try boiler stop leak just to get through the
season and then examine alternatives. With a steam boiler, I suspect
poor water chemistry control and if one section is leaking, the others
may not be far behind. The old guys would sometimes put oatmeal in
for emergency stopleak. At this point about anything is worth a try
just to finish the heating season. JB Weld is sometimes somewhat
successful at these kind of repairs, depending on flame exposure.
Good luck!

Dan