john

Thanks for the input. I think that is the way I'll go. Have been
pricing sand filters to replace my old de filter. I also understand
you use only half the manufacturers requirement when using Zeolite than
you would normally use for conventional sand. It is also
environmentally safe,lasts longer than regular sand, and does not need
to be backwashed as often. Nice pluses.

John

ZsaZsa wrote:
I converted to Zeolite last summer. We use Baquacil/Swim Soft

sanitizer,
which is reputed to be difficult to keep clear after a few years.

This was
the 7th year with the Baquacil and our water sparkled all summer.

Much,
much easier maintenance with the Zeolite, and we did find it to be

true that
we needed fewer chemical treatments. That was the first year of

use
though, we'll have to see how it works out this summer, as we're not
planning on replacing it.