Joseph Meehan

Bob wrote:
My Aprilaire 600 has no outside probe. It just has an adjustment unit
mounted on the cold air return. I put it on 40 degrees outside temp
and so far I haven't noticed any condensation on the windows. My
ranch home is 2800 square feet.

Since that probe is a feature of the 600, I would have to guess whoever
installed it screwed up, or you just did not notice it. It is connected to
the control unit with a low voltage wire. Mine was a molded two conductor
white cable about 22 gauge. I did not run it outside, but into the make-up
air intake for the furnace. It needs to be close to the inlet.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
If that is the auto model unit with the outside thermometer you set
it till your windows condense then back it off till there is no
condensation anywhere. and leave it , then it should automaticly set
the humidity so condensation never occurs.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math