top gear

"." wrote in message
In article , Doctor Evil
writes

I see the likes of Makita do have the odd tool that is competitive. Their
margin must have been hit hard. I know many pros who buy mid price range
DIY stuff. They know it will not last 10 years, but don't expect it to
either. They do the job. Thyey just want to drive screws or drill holes,
that's all, not make a statement.

John, I don't think this is true, can you direct me to a "pro" or a site
where this is happening? I promise not to mention your name but I'm
interested in establishing the facts. I keep but my eye out for this
sort of thing and admittedly spend all my working life on large sites
where it certainly isn't true but I have a small house development going
on next door where I notice they are also only using DeWalt and Makita,
are you only talking about plumbers?
--
David

Seeing as you all think I am Dr Evil I replied as him in the previous post.
Your name is Bertie isn't it?