Jim Adney

James Sweet wrote:

Sometime in the future i
might have to have separate solder pencils for non leaded solder,
special solder, and a method to ID what it is. Time will tell.

We have lead free solder at work and I can't tell the difference
between it and the old 62/38 tin/lead that we all used to use. It
flows freely on any material that the old stuff worked on, and it
mixes freely with the old stuff, too, when I need to repair something
old.

Yes, I was skeptical too, but I've seen absolutely no problems with
it. I THINK what we have is from Kester, but I'm really not sure. I
can check if anyone is interested.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA