Choreboy

That would make sense if I were being paid to fix it for a customer.
It's my backup vacuum. I don't want to put a lot of money into it and I
can afford to check websites at my convenience.

A few years ago the computer board for my HVAC failed. It would have
cost $200 to $300 to have it replaced. I found an online supplier with
a good inventory of well-described parts and did it for $20, including
spares. They have turned away from retail customers.

Before that I used a paper catalog with a good inventory of
well-described parts. They dropped their retail service.

If I found a good online retailer, the switch and shipping might be
under $10 and it could be as quick as ordering from Sears. I might end
up spending more than $20 for my order, but that would be because I'd
spotted other goodies.

Kim Sleep wrote:

Honestly...by the time you dig through a dozen websites, pay single unit
pricing, pay for shipping, handling, and insurance, $20.oo really isn't out
of line.
As well, Kenmore items usually use custom components for switches, so I
doubt that you will find a replacement.
Kim
"Choreboy" wrote in message
The switch on my Kenmore vac failed. It appears that a replacement from
Sears would cost more than $20.

A replacement switch must have the right dimensions for the body and
terminals. Is there now an online retailer with a wide selection of
fully described electrical switches?

Choreboy