GerryG

If there's not too much wax, the oil-based stuff will stick due to the
solvent. With water-based finishes, it's rather different.
GerryG

On 23 Feb 2005 14:23:29 -0800, wrote:

alexy wrote:
wrote:

According to their label their regular stuff is dewaxed. I've never
seen any Bulls-eye NON-DE-waxed shellac on the shelves.

You might want to reread those labels. I've never seen a dewaxed or
wax-free claim on the regular shellac, only on the Seal Coat (a 2#

cut
dewaxed clear shellac). One clue to wax in the regular is the caution
on the label that it is not recommended for use under polyurethane.

I forgot to DAGS and put a 1.5 lb (50/50) cut of amber bullseye under a
coat of oil gel stain and oil poly and have noticed NO ill effects. I
did let it dry overnight and sanded at 330 grit. After I learned of my
"mistake" I checked to make sure the poly wouldn't lift. It's not
going anywhere! Hard as a rock and sanded to fine white powder. It
looks like it will be just fine. I plan to put 2 more coats of ploy on
it and I doubt there will be problems. Maybe I'll luck out...