Ed Sirett

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:11:43 +0000, Space_Cowby wrote:

"lulu" wrote in message
Just had a new gas fire fitted, fitter advised getting a
something-or-other
(forgot what he called it) put ontop of chimney to stop birds falling down
chimney...ummm where do I look to get someone to do this? do I need a
builder or what?

Thanks in advance

Lulu

You need a cowl. I would contact a few roofing firms. Should not be 2
expensive either

It will have to be a cowl approved for use with gas appliances - that'll
be around £60. Plus fitting which is basically turning up and gaining
access.