IMM

Default Ravenheat Combi Boiler

"PJ" wrote in message

You really are an awkward **** aren't you.

Not at all. Direct and to the point.

Do you "know it all"?

And that I do.

I'll respond to your post one final time
and then say bye because I just can't do
doing with you're attitude.

It is you with the know-it-all amateur attitude. Take not of people who are
infinitely more knowledgeable than you.

This is absolute nonsense. There are high
flowrate combi's that will deliver
high pressure (what the mains delivers) and flow.

FACT: Combi's rely on good incoming pressure
to give high output pressure. I have medium
incoming pressure and no combi would ever
give me the power showers I get with a pump.

What is your pressure? 2 bar? Most pumps are only rated at 2 barish. A
high flow combi on 2 bar mains pressure gives the same performance and no
need for a house shaking troublesome pump. The Alpha CB50 currently on a
thread here would do that.

Now then, If YOU can prove me wrong
please name some combi's which would do
what you suggest.

See above. And that is only one combi, with amny more. Or you could go for
the highest instant water heating in the world; a Takagi at 50 litres per
minute. Not available in the UK yet, and commercial only at 380,000 BTU/hr

They also rely on high pressure
supply which some may not
have!

A number of combi's will operate as low
as 0.1 bar pressure and up to 10
bar.

Yes but low pressure in = low pressure
out. Combi's don't make pressure!

You were making the incorrect point that all combi's only operate on high
pressure, They do not.

Now I mean high pressure - not good
pressure. I have "hotel" pressure
at my showers.

You could have that if you bought the right combi.

So like I say above... name some!

See above

The noisy pump.... yes I'll give you that but
to be honest I don't hear it because I have
mine in the cylinder cupboard. I have also had
the same pump for three years and it is used
six times a day - it has never failed! AND if
it does that's fine too because at £250 it won't
bankrupt me. We have to pay
for using things and at this rate it's cheap!

Putting the £250 plus the extras on top
of your combi costs would have got
you an excelent peforming combi.

So like I say above... name some!

See above.

Some do say that I did it back to
front but doing things your way a good
bath fill would empty the hot cylinder
leaving the rest of the house
(kitchen, utility, garage, etc.) with no HW
until it re-heated.

You install a quick recovery coil cylinder
that will re-heat in about 10-15
minutes from cold. As you draw-off water
it will be re-heating so re-heat
time will be even less.

That's 10-15 minutes WITHOUT hot water!
That's means the second bath CANNOT
be filled immed. My larger tub would
completely empty even a large cylinder
of hot water.

You size the cylinder to suit. 10-15 minutes between baths? Do your baths
take less than 10 minutes?

My way (which incidentally is agreed
upon by many)

Not by professionals who know what
they are on about.

Well as it happens a college lecturer
(a master plumber) OK'd it and gave me
the diagrams for it. He also said "the
only way to achieve a good shower is
a combi for taps and a cylinder with
pump for showers". Maybe he's thick
too?!

Sounds like he is THICK!

allows any tap to have endless
HW and the cylinder is only used
for pumped showers.

How long does it take to fill the bath?

I've never timed it but not long. 4 minutes
perhaps. Personally I can't see the need
for a quicker filling bath anyway. Showers
are for speed - baths for relaxing.

Your combi fills a large bath in 4 minutes? What make and size?

I'm not saying you're wrong or I
am right. Each to their own.

It is not each to their at all. There is the
optimum solution and you are
nowhere near it.

Here's the "know it all" attitude again.
For MY needs I have the optimum
solution.

I doubt that very much on the information you have provided. What is the
pressure and flow of your mains?

I can state this because I am more
than happy with the whole
set-up.

Most people are satisfied with less than the ideal in many aspects of life.

It does exactly what it was intended
to do. I NEVER run out of hot
water at the taps or showers, it's cheap
to run, has minimum maintenance and
is very reliable. (optimum).

The way I did it suits me fine and
if i had my time over I'd do it the same way.

Only a fool knowingly does the same mistake twice.

OK, I'm a fool. I'm a happy fool though!

Ignorance is bliss they say.

So, what are these super performing
combi's then?

See above

The ones which increase
incoming pressure

None increase the incoming pressure, they use the maximum flow and pressure
the mains can give.

and give pumped shower performance
without a pump? I'm
sure many here would like to know.