Jim

Holly, in France wrote:
Jim wrote in message
Holly, in France wrote:
wrote in message
Jim wrote:

All asbestos is evil. Chances are the panels are white asbestos
though
This would normally be true, except that the OP likened the product to
plasterboard. Asbestos cement is IMO not likely to be likened to
plasterboard, asbestos or non-asbestos insulating board might be.

Hmm, I missed the "if it is asbestos" in there didn't I... [1]
Been readonly on news for a long long time and had forgotten
how careful you have to be with your wording to avoid
alternative interpretations... :-|

Hmm, I don't think 'if it is asbestos' would have made a difference. In
this case, given the comment about the plasterboard, I just thought that
the chances that it was white asbestos were not as high as they would
otherwise/usually have been. Hope that makes sense.

I'll play my "alternative interpretation" card again there then :-)

Clearly I should have said "Chances are, if it is asbestos, the panels
are white asbestos rather than blue or brown".

However, that was based on an assumption that that sort of product is
more likely to contain white than brown/blue though, and on that point I
might be scuppered because I can't remember where I got that from now I
come to think about it... :-|

I think I'll go back to readonly mode now...

That would be a shame. I wasn't meaning to nitpick or put you off!

I just forget I lack sufficient eloquence for effective news posting :-)

Jim