Big Rob

If you don't mind mixing it yourself you can buy dewaxed flakes. In
the end I think this is simpler than decanting and losing some of the
product in the process. I bought dewaxed flakes from a website called
woodfinishingsupplies.com. The clarity of the finish is much better
than the Park's shellac from a can that I had been using previously.

George wrote:
"Hax Planks" wrote in message
.net...
I've been trying to dewax a quart can of this stuff for a couple

weeks
now. It looks like the best I will be able to do is to get 50%

dewaxed
product from it, and that is being generous. The Flexner book says

expect 5% wax. They must be decanting the dewaxed portion off to

make
Seal Coat and spray bombs and selling what's left to suckers (like

me)
as regular shellac. What a gyp.

Sure you don't just have an out-of-date can? Check it.

Esterfication seems
the best answer. Second best - water contamination.