Martin Rost

I've used regular masking tape to protect areas during sandblasting. Works
well and you probably have it on hand.
--
Martin
Long Island, New York

wrote in message
oups.com...
I havn't done it myself, but was at a Trent Bosch turning demo recently
where he was talking about using ground (not beaded) glass for
sandblasting. Also, he uses electrical tape to mask in detailed areas
of his turnings. The product looked great.
I have worked for sign shops that did sandblasting, they use a product
called "butter cut", which is a self adhesive, easily cut kinda thick
rubber sheet. It resists blasting best, but is a bit expensive. Cuts
easily (hence the name) with a craft knife.