Mike Marlow

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
I did in my first post...

Igor:
"That each outlet has its own breaker, is a feature similar
to what a subpanel provides (protection for individual
circuits). A power strip,at best, protects the entire
strip.

My response:
"But the the breakers in this "panel" are not qualified for
branch
circuit protection, so it doesn't qualify as a subpanel by
any stretch
of the imagination, and if it were wired permanently to a
breaker larger
than 20A would violate the NEC. Depending on its
construction, it may or
may not be legal if permanently wired to a 20A circuit. The
safest bet
is to use it as a good rugged power strip."

I quoted the NEC only because Igor asked for a specific
provision of the NEC that supported my assertion that using
his "panel" as he originally suggested would be a
violation.

Sorry - did not see that.

I don't know how to help if your objection is that an
individual post may be ambiguous after earlier posts have
been snipped in follow-ups, and when taken out of the
context of the entire thread.

Nope - that's not my objection Ned. I had missed at least some of the
replies in this thread. I read all that I saw, but obviously not all of
them made it to me from my ISP. There seems to be only a couple or a few
replies that I did not receive for some reason, so viewed in the context of
what appeared to have been a complete discussion, your later comments did
not make sense. At least now they do and I understand what you are trying
to say. Thanks for hanging in there on this one.
--

-Mike-