John Lovallo

Yeah, you guys stop telling me what I can't do with my panel!

JohnL PE
"Ignoramus21810" wrote in message
On 23 Feb 2005 10:01:20 -0800,

wrote:
Ned Simmons wrote:
But the the breakers in this "panel" are not qualified for branch
circuit protection, so it doesn't qualify as a subpanel by any

stretch
of the imagination, and if it were wired permanently to a breaker

larger
than 20A would violate the NEC. Depending on its construction, it may

or
may not be legal if permanently wired to a 20A circuit. The safest

bet
is to use it as a good rugged power strip.

Any reason this device couldn't be wired to a 30A electric clothes
dryer pigtail and plugged into a 240V dryer receptacle, to provide
120V, 60A total to downstream devices? The receptacle would have to be
all 4 proper conductors of course: 2 hots, neutral, and ground.

Well, this device is not portable and is not for plugging into
receptacles, it is for permanent wiring. If you build a steel
enclosure for it, then it could be made portable, but it was not meant
to be.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/outlet-panel/

By the way, the device is sold.

The individual 12 ga conductors on the device are protected by the
onboard 20A breakers. If the breakers are not qualified for branch
circuit protection, what are they qualified for

Exactly. They are overcurrent protection devices.