Michael A. Ball

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:15:04 GMT, "Ray"
wrote:

I spilled a fairly large amount of a gasoline additive ...
Does the odor ever go away on its own? Or is there something that I might
use to get it out?

The most volatile components will have evaporated by now. So, in lieu of
a carpet cleaning pro or an auto detailer, you can use a garden sprayer
(or some other method) to apply a strong detergent solution to the
affected area, and then draw it out with a wet vac. Don't be reluctant
to get the padding wet, because that's where most of the additive
remains. A good liquid dish detergent or liquid laundry detergent should
do the job.

Afterwards, leave the windows open as much as you can for a few days.

A day without recoil is like a day without sunshine!