Andy Hill

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote:
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:vAMSd.32750$s16.8322@trndny02...

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

So do I need a 20A circuit for a refrigerator? The fridge will be in
a finished basement.

Why don't you just up the breaker to a 20 AMP?

OK if you up the wire along with it. There are codes for wire size and
breaker size and it was developed to prevent fires.

Ooops!

My house has mostly 12-2 wire so going from a 15 to 20 amp breaker would
work. Probably not to code to have a 20 amp on 14-2 wire......

Color me curious, but why would you be running a 15A breaker on a circuit wired
with 12GA in the first place? Might as well let the circuit work up to its
capacity.