Grandpa Koca

TCS wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 03:31:20 GMT, Grandpa Koca wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've got several LED lights. My 2AA minimag conversion is by www.opalec.com
and cost me about $28. Worth every penny, in not blowing out bulbs. It is
limited, it isn't as bright, and no where near as focussed. But it gets me
in and out of cellars, and some odd places.

Fire up Ebay, and see what you can find. I got one that takes three AA
batteries, and has six LED, of which four work. Ah, well. Not worth sending
it back. Too long for my pocket, so I crammed it into my Tul Bukt, where it
gets used once in awhile. You can get something for under twenty bucks, with
shipping and all.

Now, if you want a "No battery" model, that doesn't exist. They all have a
battery of some form, even if it's a nicad with a solar charger or crank
charger. Yes, saw solar and or crank units on Ebay, too.

Never say something doesn't exist unless you're talking about temporal
time sifters.
No battery models example:
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca...l?sku=DK013RED
Like it says, no battery, no nicads, just a moving magnet through a coil
of wire and some circuitry to charge a capacitor to power the LED.
Got one in all the cars so I don't have to worry about batteries leaking
or not having enough charge.

And of course, sharper image would never sell something that doesn't
work worth a damn just because it's technology driven.. (hint hint ionic
breeze hint hint).

Didn't buy them at sharper image, just happened to be the first page
that came up on the search engine. So take your rant elsewhere. Storming
said such things didn't exist, I merely took umbrage with his statement.

I'd go crazy if I had to shake a flashlight every 20-30 seconds. Frankly
I'd rather do 15 minutes at work, get this miracle substance called money,
and buy batteries and be able to use a flashlight for 6 hours without having
to shake the damn thing every 20-30 seconds.

When I need it, I shake it a bit and use it. If I need a light for six
hours, I'll use the "shaker" to find the generator controls, or the
lanterns. Guess I got tired of replacing whole flashlights corroded with
leaking batteries - car interiors are not conducive to long term battery
storage. YM(OS)MV - Your Mileage (or sanity) May Vary.
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
competitive. If you like, I'll trade for one of yours.