Rich

"john" wrote in message
oups.com...
I thought I would start early and do some research for replacing my
existing pool filter.

I currently have a de type filter which I find a royal pia to keep
clean and maintained properly, but its filtering qualities surpass that
of standard sand filters. However, I have been reading about a mineral
substance called Zeolite which can be used in place of the standard
sand in the sand filters. This stuff supposedly provides as good as a
filtration media as de, without the mess. It also has the added
benefits of being able to reduce ammonia waste and use less backwash
time to clean. If anyone out there has any experience with using
Zeolite in their filters, I would appreciate it if you would pass along
your experiences.

TIA

John

My pool filter is made of paper and lasts 3-5 years, I rinse it off when the
pressure gets above 20psi on the tank. No problems yet and my pool (when
it's open) is very clear.
Rich