Zymurgy

Default Flext tap Connectors

PoP wrote .
(Simon Avery) wrote:

They're ok. I prefer pushfit though. Can just push the pipe in once
the thing's fixed. Plastic or copper cupro if it's on show. Cupro's a
******* to release though.

Don't laugh. For the first time ever I used pushfit last week.

Yup, me too, I decided I couldn't ignore it anymore so I broke the ice
with a bit of pushfit on copper pipes behind the new kitchen units. At
least if one lets go it's fairly easy to get at to replace rather than
being under a floorboard somewhere.

... I felt it couldn't possibly be capable of replacing copper - not the
plastic piping, but the joints - how could a push fitting possibly be strong
enough and secure enough to not cause flooding?

I clipped the runs to the wall in the usual way, making sure the
elbows couldn't flex. Not using poly pipe just yet ....

It has to be said that I'm still not a plastic convert, but at least
I've broken the ice, and from here on will be less inclined to ignore
pushfit.

Indeed, i'm just dipping a toe too by trying out the joints. Kitchen
is still dry, so i'm not going to demonise pushfit just yet ...

Cheers,

Paul.