Holly, in France

Jim wrote in message

Holly, in France wrote:
wrote in message
Jim wrote:
All asbestos is evil. Chances are the panels are white asbestos
though

This would normally be true, except that the OP likened the product

plasterboard. Asbestos cement is IMO not likely to be likened to
plasterboard, asbestos or non-asbestos insulating board might be.

Hmm, I missed the "if it is asbestos" in there didn't I... [1]

Been readonly on news for a long long time and had forgotten
how careful you have to be with your wording to avoid
alternative interpretations... :-|

Hmm, I don't think 'if it is asbestos' would have made a difference. In
this case, given the comment about the plasterboard, I just thought that
the chances that it was white asbestos were not as high as they would
otherwise/usually have been. Hope that makes sense.

(AIUI!) which is the least evil. The only way to be sure is
to have someone licensed to do solid material (rather than
air-sample) testing come and remove a piece for examination.

This is also true. Air sampling is unlikely to be suggested anyway
unless a sample of the material has been taken and tested and there

is
reason to believe that asbestos fibres have been released into the

air
for some reason.

Missing bit: "I only mention this because a previous neighbour, whose
ceiling disintegrated after a water leak was told they had artex with
asbestos in. Their insurers insisted in having it tested for asbestos,
and sent along a company who, it turns out, were only
licensed/experienced in doing air samples. Subsequent analysis by a
company familiar with solid sample analysis showed that it was in fact
just artex"...

Yes, I see now why you said it. As I have just said in another reply,
times have changed since I was in this business. I didn't know that
there were companies licensed or experienced only in doing air samples.

If you remove it yourself it will need to be disposed by
a licensed disposal company. Personally I'd rather pay
someone else to get rid of it...

That would depend on what it was.

Absolutely :-) (See [1]).

Absolutely :-)

I think I'll go back to readonly mode now...

That would be a shame. I wasn't meaning to nitpick or put you off!
--
Holly, in France.
Holiday home in the Dordogne,