Ian_m

"RedOnRed" wrote in message

"Kiran" wrote in message
Currently have a Thorn M30/42c floorstanding boiler in our kitchen. It's
fitted within the old chimney breast and uses the chimney as its flue. It
is about 20 years old and has a max output of 40,000 btus, so we're
looking for something a bit more powerful.

Is there anything currently on the market that would be a simple
replacement for this?

Thanks

If there is a suitable replacement you need to find it and get it
installed quickly. Because from 01/04/05 your only choice will be a high
efficiency boiler, which most likely won't be able to be installed
like-for-like.

In fact even now it's doubtful you'd get away with using the chimney
breast as a flue.

Our boiler is a 28 year old floor standing Ideal boiler. It's still
working fine and I would have no hesitation in recommending you look at
Ideal's range of floor standing boilers.

My mates just had a new back boiler fitted about a week ago, non-condensing
like for like'ish replacement (old Baxi replaced with new Baxi). Fitter
decided impractical to fit a condensing boiler, without major replumbing, so
just fitted a back boiler. Works fine.