Jim

Holly, in France wrote:
wrote in message
Jim wrote:
All asbestos is evil. Chances are the panels are white asbestos
though

This would normally be true, except that the OP likened the product to
plasterboard. Asbestos cement is IMO not likely to be likened to
plasterboard, asbestos or non-asbestos insulating board might be.

Hmm, I missed the "if it is asbestos" in there didn't I... [1]

Been readonly on news for a long long time and had forgotten how careful
you have to be with your wording to avoid alternative interpretations...
:-|

(AIUI!) which is the least evil. The only way to be sure is
to have someone licensed to do solid material (rather than
air-sample) testing come and remove a piece for examination.

This is also true. Air sampling is unlikely to be suggested anyway
unless a sample of the material has been taken and tested and there is
reason to believe that asbestos fibres have been released into the air
for some reason.

Missing bit: "I only mention this because a previous neighbour, whose
ceiling disintegrated after a water leak was told they had artex with
asbestos in. Their insurers insisted in having it tested for asbestos,
and sent along a company who, it turns out, were only
licensed/experienced in doing air samples. Subsequent analysis by a
company familiar with solid sample analysis showed that it was in fact
just artex"...

If you remove it yourself it will need to be disposed by
a licensed disposal company. Personally I'd rather pay
someone else to get rid of it...

That would depend on what it was.

Absolutely :-) (See [1]).

I think I'll go back to readonly mode now...

Jim